CONNECT TO M.E.

Summer time is almost over. Today marks the end of the usually two-month summer period in the Philippines. Speaking of summer, it’s really more fun in the Philippines. Backpacking. Camping. Island hopping. Outdoor adventures. Star gazing. Beach night parties. Snorkeling. Diving. Mountain climbing. Birds watching. Santacruzan. Fiesta. And, so much more!


If running is your thing, you can have it all day long. In this dry season, you will surely be ushered by your running shoes to different routes and spots offering you beautiful landscapes and panoramic views worthy for these natural thirds: physical fitness, relaxation and recreation. Speaking of which, I did running in more or less 8 kilometers to put a dramatic closure to this summer time. My route started from the downtown Surigao passing by San Juan coastal road. I took myself for a break by the time I reached the top after running uphill by the steep Surigao-Lipata road. I obeyed my thirst by a bottle of a very cold Sprite, though water would have been even better.

Meanwhile, I had a great time having a bird’s-eye-view of the sprawling city of Surigao. My perspective of a cozy Mediterranean-inspired dream house overlooking the city with a wide green exterior landscape was reawakened. I continued running until I found a good spot by the beach for celebrating the gentle sea breeze. Having taken enough rest, I dipped myself into the seawater and I really enjoyed playing with the huge billowing waves. On that note, I forgot all my anxieties. I let all my worries go. I seemed to simply enjoy the quality time being with Mother Nature. I was all alone, but it seemed that there was Madonna and the Child in the picture. I, being the child, was playing and cuddling with Mother Earth in the form of waves, sands, gentle wind, pebbles, and the sunset.

Before the daylight faded out, I was running again en route the downtown Surigao. It’s more like a marathon. And, I did it all alone. I felt so exhausted upon arriving home, but the beauty of feeling secured with Mother Nature left me overjoyed.

This summer, I've been very busy for Literature classes, pursuit of master’s, comprehensive examination, among others. My initial plan for a summer getaway in a new and far place was not pushed through because of financial and time constraints. But, the very last day of May came out a blessing in disguise.

Mother Nature may not utter words of motherly care, but deep inside me, I've felt her making me perked up and saying, “Regardless of what you’re feeling and struggling right now, just do CONNECT to M.E. And, with sincere generosity, I will try my very best to make you feel so much better.” On that note, with gladness, GRAZIE MILLE.   

Comments

Popular Posts