ACCIDENTAL REUNION

There are really chances that things go spontaneously on their own ways as fluids when you least expect it. On that note, here comes the accidental reunion with my former high school students. Actually, it's not a reunion of some sort because it was really all unplanned. They were just dropping by telling me that they had their next stop, BT daw. They were waiting their other friends coming. As it turned out, saying Hi's and Hello's became the starting point for meaningful and longer conversations thereafter.

@McDonald's Surigao
They were up to telling me about their new experiences mainly at school, including their love life. Unfortunately, it was awkward on my part on asking questions where I received unexpected replies. It's really hard to be outdated with love life's breaking news and my students' current events. That road to forevermore craze! I kept losing my tracks on "There are some things better left unsaid" mantra.

Our conversations went somewhere to tequila, girls, Cebu, homosexuals, trauma, student life and gossips as side topics. The good thing was that there was no reservations among us. It's as if we're of the same age. Words just fell out spontaneously, censored and the otherwise. hahaha
It has dawned on me that it has been three years since the parting of ways and I'm starting to feel again that teachers' sickness--missing their former students. It's a rare feeling that most teachers who are closer to their students' lives do feel. It's not like favoritism. It's different. It's all about companionship and touching lives.

Let me end this blog entry by saying "See you when I see you again." 

Comments

Popular Posts