MARVELED AT HIS PLANS

Working at SSCT for the past four (4) years was an opportunity that I appreciate. I am very grateful for the trust and confidence that my immediate superiors have placed in me over the years. I especially appreciate the opportunity to join the vibrant Job Enabling English Proficiency (JEEP) community as one of the facilitators.


I am sincerely thankful for the opportunity to work with the portals of my school, for the invaluable guidance that has prepared me well for my new career path. I have enjoyed such challenges at work and I sincerely hope that I have returned adequate service for all the benefits that I have received as a lecturer. I am a breadwinner and SSCT only butters my bread.

Fortunately in an exciting world next door, my feat was devoured with such overpowering relish as I was struggling to see the light of day. And thanks to the benevolent arrangement of things, the best thing about opportunities is that they serve best when swallowed hot.

Financial considerations and the desire to be getting closer to my family compel me to accept a job offer from Caraga State University-Main Campus that is better able to fill my present needs and to offer possibilities for future career advancement. I have concluded that it would be best for me to seek employment nearer to my hometown. I pursue the new job opportunity even though I hate to leave the portals of my Alma Mater.

Career advancement was not impressed with me and my Alma Mater’s connection. I did my best but it was not good enough. It was all surrounded by beautiful lies, recurring war and well-rehearsed injustice. I’m not saying I don’t deserve a  place in the academe or they are unfair either. It just so happened that things never went on my way. Perhaps, it’s not my thing. The connection was not that tight leaving the scene of me against the rest of the world.

As I marvel at His plans, I feel more the profundity and sanctity of this personal rebooting. Indeed, the sea  of unlimited possibilities is He. I believe that this transition process is fluid. So instead of doing that dramatic exit, I prefer the peace of singing my heart's thanksgiving for a new day, for another great beginning. 

I'm leaving not because I'm tired or hopeless. I'm leaving because I'm rebooting. C.S. Lewis once quipped, "You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream." After all, I'm incapable of letting go of my dreams. The most important thing I have learned on this turning point is that the exiting process is fluid. Better things wait for everybody on the horizon.

Upon posting this blog entry, I have already accepted the job offer as contractual instructor of CSU-Main as specified in the new faculty orientation kit. I help welcoming myself to a new workplace while wishing my former colleagues all well. Just keep in touch.

Thinking to quit doing something is hard, but quitting to do something without thinking is a bit harder. Making a decision is a turning point where somebody’s worth is being plumbed to the most profound depth. After all, it’s not easy making decisions especially when we are in the verge of two-way street’s meeting point. The bottomline here is that, when our decisions come from where our heart is, all is well.

Comments

  1. Quickly read through the text to get an idea of what it's about (the beginning and the end are usually the best places to get a general idea). More help with essays here uk.essay-writing-place.com.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts