REACHING THE SILVER YEAR


At times, I’ve realized that I’m not getting any younger. I have to leave the matchbox behind. I’ve come to think choosing the sapling of significance over the seedling of youth. This year, I’ll be turning my quarter-life. On a personal level, this year is still characterized as a walkway to a career goal. I’m not saying that I’m up for this rat race. On a positive note, I’m pursuing my master’s degree because of my passion for learning. That is, I’m still gradually working on my way towards my pursuit of significance. I’m very lucky that I’ve come this far.

Apparently, there’s always a reason to be grateful for. There’s yet no initial plan on how I’ll be going to celebrate my 25th birthday this July 29th. But, one thing is for sure is that I have to thank Him for sparing me this wonderful life I’m living for. Thank You, Oh God, for all the blessings which have filled the lapses of my humanity. With gladness, I’m also grateful, Dear Lord, for the adversities You laid down the road. They made me feel so much better each day after getting them over.

 Getting old is an indelible ink that always haunts the midlife—or quarter-life to the extent—scenarios. It’s a sort of a last string which a person has to strum regardless of how he bitterly feels about its sound resonated. I’ve come to the point believing that age is just a number. But, I don’t want to make further cover ups just to show how Death becomes so unwelcome by the time he shall have knocked at my doors in his own time. In my age, I’m no longer at ease.

 I’ve been torn by my silly thoughts and wild imaginations. Things, perhaps, fall apart, even if how my “All is well” outlook in life works in its own ways. What’s clear to me now is that I have to devour my youth I once wasted. What the hell is the meaning of this urge to go to places I’ve never been to? To think that traveling around is my only way to keep things fall into place and to discover such spot in this world to call my own.

 Hey, fellas! I’m turning 25. And, I’m proud to say that I’ve come this far. Am I good enough? Am I following the path my destiny keeps on telling me? How far should I keep going the extra mile? How long does it take for me to live in order to look for teachable moments? Is all worth living for?

“The answer, my friend” Bob Dylan declared, “is blowing in the wind. It is blowing in the wind.” But for me, the answer is not blowing in the wind. It is being a star guiding me to keep moving forward. It is somewhat like a star which led the three kings to find the newly-born Jesus in Bethlehem. 


























Comments

Popular Posts