LIVING A LIFE ON LOVE

That feeling when an inspiring movie made you smile. That moment wherein you are carried away by such weighty and inspiring lines thrown away between two leading characters during the movie’s climax. That situation when you think of the movie as an eye-opener on your part as a person and as a lover. That feeling when you just can’t help but analyze the line “God made me love you.” That scenario where you unintentionally skipped meal just to spend your lunch time watching a full romantic movie. That feeling when you internalize movie lines like this one: "God is writing our own love story."

And, all of these happened when I was watching a Bollywood movie, “Match Made By God” (Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi, 2008), on the very first day of the English Days celebration of Surigao State College of Technology on February 2nd at the Academic Center.

It is very unusual for me to be completely carried away by a single movie. Typically, I could feel some sparks flying on romantic movies like Titanic, A Crazy Little Thing Called Love, among others. Or, it’s me be amazed by sci-fi movies like Avatar, Star Wars Series, Extra-Terrestrial, Transformers, etc. But, this Indian movie is totally different on me. It made me stuck in the moment, as if I’m all alone at the top of the hill facing before a scenery of the blue sea in the distance and the lush vegetation when I’m going to turn my head back.

Watching the movie was as if I were on my most relaxing day. You know, that moment when you draw almost all your emotions, letting them all out once and for all. And, after which, it’s the new you in the making.  

The moment I was done with the movie viewing, I was walking on my way home with gladness and cheers. The movie really brought me to the sweet valley of realities about love. I dare say that love—in its general sense—is the ultimate reason why we are still alive. It is our anchor in living our individuality in the hands of time. Furthermore, it made me realize that true love does not exist because we create them. True love comes to us because God has paved the way for us to find it. So, when we love the person, we don’t have to reflect on his imperfections and look over his real best self. For in the end, God has perfectly matched that person to us.

It’s not going to be that perfect in the process, but God has reassured us that the reason we have to experience some sort of ‘zigzags’ in a relationship is that He wants us to learn lessons in the process. And, such learnings would become our treasure chest of living a life anchored on love.

After all, I really affirm that God is the One writing our very own love story. With gladness, we just have to surrender it all to Him.      

Photo Credit: http://www.google.com.   

Comments

  1. Oh I wish God sends me my love story already. LOL!

    If you don't mind me asking sir, have you already experienced love??? : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yes Ers...I've been through it. I was once falling in love. My love dragged me to sleepless nights because of such weird thoughts. It's OA, but I'm grateful. hehe

    And yours? Just wait for it. Perhaps, you will find it down the road one of these days. :) Keep loving!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts