LIFE IS SPELLED AS T-I-M-E

Family stories around reconciliation, bondings, conflicts, among others, are just so special to me. I adore families. I celebrate family joys, teamwork, and reunions. I empathize family conflicts and misunderstandings. It's just that such stuffs mean to me a lot. Perhaps I've just missed my mother so much. And, I've longed for motherly love.

Tonight's episode of ABS-CBN's teleserye, 100 Days To Heaven, portrays the reconciliation of Toy Company's CEO Ana Manalastas and her only daughter, Sophia. Frankly, the lines exchanged by the two hit me to the bones. It reminds me of my mother again. The episode reminds me of Morrie in Mitch Albom's "Tuesdays With Morrie." As paraphrased, we really have to say words of love and to do deeds of affection to our loved ones. It's because time is precious. What we have today being with our family may turn out different by tomorrow. That is, the bottomline is that we have to show our love right here, right NOW. We cannot set our own time being on hold. We live in this world uncertain about ours and anybody else's time.

Also, it is supposedly a good act to say sorry for those people whom we hurt with our profane words and inconsiderate actions. It's because the gesture of demonstrating your love and asking for an apology to people whom we have met on our way is far better than tomorrow's regrets. As much as possible, we have to avoid phrases like "If I could turn back the time..."

For instance, Charice poured her heart out upon the unexpected demise of her father, Ricky Pempengco. A certain Angel Capili allegedly stabbed Mr. Pempengco to death near a sari-sari store in Parañaque City. The suspect is now under the custody of Parañaque City Police while the investigation of the case is still going on.

In the recent ANC interview of Charice by Karen Davila, the young world singing sensation felt sad about the suspect's testimony of self-defense.

"Sa ngayon, hindi ko pa matanggap ang ginawa miya sa daddy ko. Gusto ko siyang makulong habambuhay,"  she said. Charice and her father didn't have much time seeing each other. It's allegedly because of family conflicts.

In retrospect, whatever Charice has to say about her longing for her father's presence and affection would go to no avail for her dad would no longer answer back such gestures of love to his daughter. On one hand, Sophia should not harden much her heart. She has to forgive Ana. She has to forget what Ana had done wrong on her, if there's any. After all, we all have mistakes in life. So, it would be inappropriate to point on other's shortcomings.

Our interpretation of mistakes may vary as to culture. That is, culture is relative. But, one thing remains a universal truth--everybody makes a mistake.

Lastly, my mother passed on when I was still a second grader. I have no more time to say how much I love and miss her. Yet, I have all the time in the world to show my love and affection to people whom she left behind. I still have my father, my three sisters and my brother.. Instead of focusing my attention to things that I and my mother could no longer do, I have to stick to the idea that my family on the corner is ready to back me up no matter what.

Now is the time that I can share my warmth to my loved ones. I have to usher them to the journey of forming such pieces of our life's exciting and mind-boggling puzzle.

For in the end, beyond such happy moments and imperfections I have seen in family relationships lies the truth that life is really spelled as T-I-M-E. How I wish I have enough time being with my mother again. :) 

Comments

Popular Posts